We have almost all of our boxes unpacked and the only casualty in the move was a lamp shade from my cheap-o lamp broke. We have AWESOME friends here that helped us move in and we're SO grateful for them.
We learned one thing that we don't like about living in Hyrum...the distance to the Logan emergency room. Benjamin had been sporting a temperature for the last day or so. He was NOT feeling well and wanted me to rock him to sleep. He rarely gets sick, so anything like this is out of the ordinary. After he fell asleep I put him down for bed. At 10 p.m. he woke up and I could barely hear him crying. I went into his room and he was gasping for air and crying - not a good combination. He calmed down a little bit and still had difficulty breathing. I decided that it would probably be best to take him to the ER. Josh was still at work and didn't have his phone. Luckily he got home 10 minutes later. We got into the car and even the cold night air wasn't helping his croup much. We got him in and they gave him a steroid vapor mist and then an oral steroid medication. They monitored him for a while and then let us go after about 45 minutes. Thank goodness for DVD's - Finding Nemo kept him entertained the entire time. We got home around 1 a.m. and had to stay in the room with him or else he would freak out. None of us got much sleep that night, but the next night we all crashed! Benjamin is doing better, not 100% yet, but much better! We're thankful for prayers.Needless to say, we've had an exciting go around since we've moved in. Now if only our loan would close so we can put up blinds and a garage door opener, that would be fantastic!
4 comments:
SO scary to have a sick kid. I am excited to see the house some time.Hopefully very soon!
You own a house and live in it! That's huge... (some of use just pay the mortgage and don't get to live in ours :) ) and the ER boo! I'm so sorry your little man has croup... it's the worst! We did it almost 2 years ago and I still cringe when I hear the word! Good luck! Congrats again on the house, it's a huge accomplishment!
Poor Benjamin!
So, how did moving in work out without closing? Are you renting for now?
I'm glad Benjamin is doing better!
Post a Comment