Friday, February 25, 2011

Soda, Pop, Carbonation, Caffeine...

SODA
(call it what you will...I call it Soda)
I was talking to this lady at work about drinking water. I have to say that ice water is the love of my life as far as drinks go. I love it. I will admit, every now and again I'll have a vanilla diet coke. I hate juices. But I just absolutely love ice water. My co-worker was talking about how she doesn't drink enough water. Then we started talking about people who drink 48 ounces of soda a day. SICK. 


It's killing America. Statistics show that soda is the leading cause of obesity in 45% of obese people. Okay, that's not true...I made that up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I mean, do you know how much sugar is in soda?? In a 20 oz bottle of soda there are 17 teaspoons of sugar - no joke. Drinking one 12 oz Coke (10 tsp of sugar) a day for a year results in the consumption of 32 pounds of sugar. Drinking one Coke a day, instead of an equivalent amount of tap water, for a full year would cause you to gain 18 pounds. In addition, a real statistic shows that Americans spend nearly 66 billion dollars on carbonated beverages, such as soda, a year. WOW.

Why not cut back on some soda? - you'll lose weight and you'll gain money!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Here here! Is that how you'd type that? Anyway, I agree. I love water (ice or not).

Melanie said...

That's disgusting, soda that is! I also love water and an occasional root beer. People just have no idea how many calories they're DRINKING!!