Monday, December 10, 2007

An Answered Prayer


On Thursday morning Josh's hands had been swollen from working out. Josh's wedding ring is Titanium, which means it can't be cut. So if it were ever to get stuck on his finger, they'd be cutting off his finger instead of his ring. So he put it in his pocket, like he always does. Josh went to institute, walked across campus, drove to the car dealership, then to work. It wasn't until he reached in his pocket at work that he realized that his wedding ring was gone. He called everywhere and went and looked in places to see if he could find his ring, but he found nothing. So I decided to re-trace his steps. I searched this grassy area that is right before the parking lot where we had parked. I thought that maybe it fell out when he pulled his keys out. As I searched the area it was getting dark and very cold so I wasn't able to see as well as I would've liked, so I ended my search for the night. That night we prayed that we would be able to find it. Friday came and went with no ring. Again, that night we prayed that we would be guided to find Josh's wedding ring. On Saturday I went up to campus to study and decided to give the grassy area one last look. I searched for 5 minutes and didn't find anything. Then I decided to thoroughly search it from left to right until I had searched it all. Ten seconds after I started - there was Josh's wedding ring! I was so excited and immediately thanked my Heavenly Father for answering our prayers. The Lord is mindful of us and hears and answers our prayers. Sometimes it may take days or years to receive our answers and sometimes we may get an answer that we're not expecting, but He will always answer us and bless us with what we need. When I called my mom and told her how I found it she said, "Terra, you couldn't do that again if you wanted to." Well to be honest, I don't ever want to have to do that again.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad you were able to find it.

Beth said...

Whew! Doesn't it make you grateful for the power of prayer?! What other source does one have to look to? Glad you found the ring. We wouldn't want anyone thinking that Josh was single! L.

Anonymous said...

update us! How was your Christmas and New Year?