Thursday, March 20, 2008

Birthdays, papyrus, and a baby....

For the first part of Spring Break Josh and I worked - BORING! But on Thursday of Spring Break we got to go to Boise, ID for Lincoln's 1st birthday! Lincoln is the son of my brother, Blake, and his cute wife, Trish. Lincoln is just so adorable. One funny part was the fact that he wouldn't dig into his cupcake or cake...in fact, the whole thing made him rather upset. You can tell by his picture that he is just so excited about that cupcake. Actually he was more confused at why everyone was looking at him and taking pictures. But when he wasn't being stared at like a tiger in the zoo, he loved the camera - mainly because it's an adult electronic toy. But you can tell by these pictures just how cute he is! He's even cuter in real life! Another fun part about our stay in Boise was that we got to stay at a hotel. We were with my mother, so between the three of us we had a lot of stuff. In my mothers defense she brought stuff for the birthday party, and the sewing machine to fix Josh's suit! Which, by the way, looks SO great...especially on Josh. Anyway, to haul all of our stuff up to the room we got one of those handy dandy luggage carriers. And, of course, my cute husband had too much fun with it. It's a good thing that my younger brother wasn't there...DANGER! We had a great time in Boise and it was hard to leave. It all happened so fast, but we were so glad that we got to spend that time with my mother and Blake and Trish - we love you guys!
Even though the next week meant school, I was really looking forward to Wednesday. That happened to be my bestest girlfriend's birthday - Mrs. Beth Bernards! The saddest part was that I only got to talk on the phone with her for only but a moment because she lives in the third world country of Del Rio Texas. Ha ha. So I decided to celebrate her birthday in a way that I knew she would want me to! I went and got my hair cut and colored! I am such a nice friend! So here's a picture for you Beth Ann - Happy Birthday!
And lastly, we FINALLY got our papyrus all framed and hung! We got it for our wedding and it took forever to finally finish it. Pictured here is the last one of our sequence of three. I wish I could've gotten all three of them in the picture, but they're so big...this way you can see it close up. We did all three of them for around $60 total...yeah, amazing! We got the frames for $5 each and two of the frames already had mats we could use...it was great!

And for REAL lastly - I am 13 weeks pregnant this week. I am due September 27th. I'm pushing for the 25th so it's on my brother's birthday. ;-) I have had "morning sickness" that lasts pretty much all day. But luckily I've never thrown up and now I'm slowly moving out of that stage. Wahew! I am grateful to my sister-in-law, Jen, who gave me some of her maternity clothes...what a blessing!!! I'm still in my same clothes, but I know they'll start to get tighter pretty quick. We are excited and yet very nervous. What a huge responsibility the Lord has given us to raise one of his children in this world. We are so grateful for the love of our Heavenly Father and we know that He will guide us in our weaknesses. We love you all and thank you for your love and support! We are so blessed!

8 comments:

cAsSy said...

Hi, this is Cassy Robinson, Elder Steve Robinson The Greats wife. Our hubbs did the mish thing together. Congrats on having a baby. We should get together so the boys can reunite. We live in Provo so it would take some planning but I think it would be fun. I love meeting his old companions.

Cali said...

PREGNANT??? Good thing I randomly found this blog so that I can say CONGRATS!!! Yes, the first part of pregnancy is the worst... but luckily it does get better. I'm so happy for you!!

Ilene said...

Congratulations Josh and Terra!!! We found your blog! We're so excited for you to have a baby--it's a whole new life with a child and it's great! We'll keep checking for more news.

Beth said...

Guess what? (Do you just hate how I start everything with "Guess what?") I LOVE your hair. In fact, I am jealous of the blond, but think that we pretty much have to same hair cut! Ha, ha! Do we think a like or what...or actually maybe our hairstylists think alike because I actually asked for my hair 3 inches longer, but what they hey, right? I just love it. Thanks for the bday gift!! love you!

Andrea said...

So glad for some prego details. :) I hope you feel better soon. Even though, I've got to throw in there that being a huge prego puker myself, I find it funny when people say they are sick when the don't puke. But, not feeling good is the pits, puke or not. Love ya!

Kari said...

Have ya broken anything in the temple lately??

Lindsay said...

Hey Huffs! Its the Shores! How are you. It was great to see your blog. If it is okay we will add you to ours. www.zlshore.blogspot.com

Lindsay

Kari said...

We're doing well. I'm just waitin on Matt to hurry up and finish school...but he has another year or so. Obviously I just noticed your exciting news since I put you on my blog of currently pregnant people, so congratulations! When are you due?