Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Motherhood, the best job in the world!








Well, here are some pictures of our cute little Benjamin. He had his 2 month check up on December 1st and he weighed 11 pounds 15 ounces and was 22.5 inches long, putting him in the 50th percentile with height and weight. When they gave him his shots, at first he was confused, but then he screamed. After they gave him the roto virus orally and we popped the binky in his mouth, he was just fine. What a trooper!

He has been sleeping better the last couple of nights, but I also have been home because I was sick...yuck! I've been sick more this winter than any other time in my life! AND I even got the flu shot and the whooping cough shot. It kind of makes me not a believer in those shots for me. Oh well, what do you do?

It's been hard to go back to work, but what a great blessing it's been knowing that he's either with Josh or with Alyssa Howe, whom we trust! I do have a confession. When I was about ready to give birth to Benjamin, I was terrified of being a mother and was being altogether very selfish about the whole thing. I thought that I wanted to go back to work and that I really liked my job. While I do like my job at the University, I was unprepared to fall in love with being a mother. Truly, it is a job that I love and I love doing! Yes, it's hard and there are days when I cry and get stressed out, but at the end of the day...I still love being a mother. I can't believe how much I love being home and taking care of my boys! But I am grateful that I am able to support my husband through this time that he is in school so that someday I will be able to be a stay at home mother. I find it such an honor and a blessing to be a mother!

7 comments:

Evelyn said...

What a cutie (well, all of you). I love the picture of Ben drooling especially. It reminds me of me.
Terra, you have such a good attitude and you are simply amazing. You are an amazing mother! I'm glad that you are enjoying it!

Scott&Janae said...

Being a mother is the best. What a wonderful blessing. You are a great mother to Ben.

trudy...{and jamo} said...

what a cutie!!!

Melanie said...

Isn't it great!?! And yes, one day you will be able to stay at home and enjoy every minute, but you're doing what needs to be done and that's ok too. We love you guys, and that kid is adorable! Can't wait to see you again, come visit:)

Andrea said...

Cute pictures! I'm sorry you've been sick--definitely not fun. I always found it hard to take care of a baby when I was sick. I had the flu or something when Zoie was a few months old and it was miserable!

PK and Doll said...

He is so so handsome! You two make cute babies

Jen said...

What a beautiful nephew we have. Thanks!!! I know what you mean about loving being a mom while at the same time wanting personal time. I think that is healthy. Working (a little) for me was easier than being home 24/7 beacuse I got to feel like an adult now and again- I know, crazy! I appreciate your honesty! Remember there is no "perfect" mother, but many different ways to be an awsome one! You are awsome!!We hope you guys have a great Christmas -travel safe! jen and boys