Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sometimes I feel like...

...I'm going a hundred miles a minute and when I stop just to look at what I've done, I have no idea what I've been doing. Definitely not blogging, that's for sure. Then I look at other people's blogs and they are always on top of it. They are also the ones with the clean homes and the well groomed and well fed families. At least that's what I see...or what they portray to me. I just look at my house and I look at myself and I think UCK...can't I just be on top of things for once in my life? I'm picking up after Benjamin, I'm picking up after dinner, I'm picking up after everything. I'm frustrated because I'm too tired at night to get it all done, frustrated because I've spent too much time blogging or too much time on facebook, frustrated because I hardly see Josh, frustrated because I'm always too tired to spend time with Josh.

After I think all this(for the tenth time), I am quickly reminded where those thoughts come from. The tender mercies of the Lord remind of the amazing talk given by Elder Ballard, "O That Cunning Plan of the Evil One." My favorite quote is this, "Like the fly fisherman who knows that trout are driven by hunger, Lucifer knows our “hunger,” or weaknesses, and tempts us with counterfeit lures which, if taken, can cause us to be yanked from the stream of life into his unmerciful influence. And unlike a fly fisherman who catches and releases the fish unharmed back into the water, Lucifer will not voluntarily let go. His goal is to make his victims as miserable as he is."

At times my weakness is my lack of esteem. I beat myself up over what I'm not and what I'm not doing. Satan knows this and he just pushes and pushes and pushes. He doesn't care that I'm miserable in my selfish woes. He just cares that I'm not happy.

I know that there are many people out there who feel the same way. You are not alone. Satan also knows us and our weaknesses, but he has no power over us as we keep our focus on the Savior. If you are not happy, let go of the lure that Satan has on you. As we follow the Savior, we will find happiness and joy. Though our life will not be void of trials, we can find hope and peace as we endure and conquer our trials.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Terra, I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you! You are a gift to all who know you. You are a light. I love you so much and regularly feel as you, but...you are right. Let go of the lure and enjoy the moment we are in. Love you Terra M. PS I want to see more pics of your house!!

Marsha said...

Man. Now I feel bad about implying you were a slacker blogger. :(

I think you are a great person Terra. FYI- my house is a mess!

Clayton and Heidi said...

Thanks Terra. I needed that reminder.

ps. have you ever wondered why there are no pictures on my blog of my "clean" home? It is because they don't exist. And if there is a picture inside of the house it only "looks clean" because I pushed all of the crap into a corner.