We live by the high school, Mountain Crest. Here in these parts(yee-haw), it's really popular to have your school's initials painted on the side of the mountain. So right up the mountain from us is a big MC. Side note - Benjamin is learning his ABC's and naturally A and B come before C...not M before C. So for the longest time when Benjamin would say he wanted to go to the ABC, I had no idea what he was talking about. But after a while, we caught on - he's talking about the MC and how he wants to go to the MC.
Wish granted!
Last week Jessie, Mike, Benjamin, and myself hiked our way up to the MC. Benjamin got the easy job...sitting in a kid hiking carrier on my back(for about 10 minutes) and then Mike's back for the really hard parts. When we had gone a little way and saw all of the tractors and bull dozers and busses, Benjamin says, "WE'RE HERE!"
Um...no.
We were hiking up some really steep parts and at one point Mike had to stop for a little breather. Then sweet Benjamin says, "You okay Mike?" Yep, that kid is mine! Mike also said, "Remind me never to gain 30 pounds!" It's true, Benjamin is about 30 pounds. A good work out. Another funny part of the trip was when Mike burped and said excuse me. Then Benjamin did a fake burp and said excuse me. Too funny.
We made it to the MC and then turned around and went home. It was a fun hike!
Thanks to Mike and Jessie for a fun time!
The aftermath:
The next day I pointed out the MC to Benjamin in which he says, "ABC... You okay, Mike?"
He loves his "Uncle" Mike.

4 comments:
That must have been some hike. I'm actually a 'Stang alumna and I have never hiked to the MC. Benjamin cracks me up.
Your Benjamin sounds like such a doll. Just like his mom of course. What a fun activity!! I am so glad that you have such nice neighbors! Did you ever imagine during Theory I that you would end up living next door to Mike??? Ha! Love you!
Oh how I love and miss my little Jammer!!!
That's adorable. "You okay, Mike?" ;) So cute.
Post a Comment