Tuesday, April 19, 2011

To be Vee or not to be Vee

Vegan - have you ever tried it?

Well, Josh and I hadn't ever tried it, but we decided that we wanted to try it. So here we are...trying it for 5 days - minus one dinner. So after two days of this new way of eating, I have some thoughts. First and foremost - it's not as "bad" as people say it is. It's really quite comical the reactions we get from people. The truth is, it's made me appreciate food a lot more. I do have a better relationship with fruits, nuts, beans, and vegetables now - we're BFF...at least for the week. I also pay attention more to my body. I thought I'd be a lot more run down, but I feel great. When I'm hungry I have a snack..but I can't just grab a handful of M&M's or some gold fish crackers - I go for the fruits or veggies. So now that I've talked it up, I do have to say that I will NEVER be a Vegan for real. I like milk (in cereal and ice cream), butter (on and in things...not plain - ew), eggs, and I LOVE meat. So for all of you who think that we're completely crazy - don't worry, we'll be carnivores again on Saturday. And for all of you who were excited for us to make this a permanent choice - sorry bout' yer bad luck...there's just no way this could be permanent for me - not by choice. So if you're curious about being a Vegan for a week or even a day, you should try it. It's kind of fun.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Way to go! I think that it's great to be in tune with your body and conscious of what you're eating...that's what I'm trying to do too :-)