Friday, July 22, 2011

Crazy Lazy Days of Summer!

YAY for summer!
Here are some pictures to show all of our fans some of what we've been up to this summer.
We went to the Beach Boys at the end of June (when it finally started to get warm outside!) It was an AWESOME concert. For all of you thinking that how could a concert be great with a bunch of old guys singing - there are only 2 of the original members still singing with the Beach boys. The rest of them are younger than 50.

We sat with Craig and Belinda (woot woot).....

Crazy Mike and normal Jessie....the people sitting next to Hyltons were leaving and said to Mike that his good vibrations were getting to them. He was just the crazy....but in a good way!

And my faves - my parents!!!!! It's true, we went to a concert with my parents. It was a lot of fun. They didn't get jiggy wit' it like we did, but they still had a good time. Love those parents of mine!
Yup, that's part of the crazy-ness of our summer. The picture speaks for itself.
Benjamin got a pool!!! Best $8 I've ever spent! And as you can see here, he will get in the water no matter what he is wearing. One day we were out watering the garden and there was a little bit of water in the pool. I figured he would just put his feet in since he was fully clothed. All of a sudden I hear this big splash. He had jumped right in. I laughed so hard. He could care less what he's wearing in the water, as long as he gets to play in it! And if he's happy, I'm happy!
This is Paige, my niece. Her neighbors have a dog who is great with kids. I had to snap this photo because she would sit on the dog and he didn't mind one bit. It was a fun fourth of July party at my sister's house.
The Howe's had their baby! Alyssa used to watch Benjamin. Her son, Russton, and Benjamin were like brothers. They had so much fun together. She had little Alivia at the end of June and Benjamin wanted so badly to hold her. He was very cute with her.
Yay for bike rides!!! Benjamin has a lot of fun riding around in this. One day we rode the bike to the park. It was too much fun. We wish Josh could have come! Blasted work.
Josh and I got to see the last Harry Potter movie for FREEEEEEE! Thank you Macey's. Josh works for Macey's and since they promoted HP7 part 2 in the store, they were given some free tics. AWESOME. It was a fun date and a great show. However, if you've recently read the books...wait till you forget a lot of it before watching the movie.
Just to show you some MORE of our craziness (as if you haven't seen enough) here is sweet little Benjamin. I was bringing that box downstairs to be recycled. I put it on my head and looked out through the little hole, so Benjamin HAD to try it. He thought it was pretty hilarious and wanted mom to take a picture!
Here's part of our laziness. Sitting and watching the sunset on the back porch - what a beautiful thing. The other day, after swimming, Benjamin and I laid on the grass and blew bubbles. It was one of those perfect moments as a mother. I'm not a perfect mother, by any means, but me and Benjamin do get to share some perfect moments.
 Summer is all too quickly winding down. Where there was once isles and isles of beach toys and swimming pools, there are now backpacks and school supplies. We still have things yet to do this summer and, sadly, we won't get to all of them. However, we sure are grateful for all of our perfect moments of this summer!

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Welcome back to blogland! Yeah to be featured on the Huffsters blog. I love summer and can't wait for us to play next Sunday!

Beth said...

Oh I miss you!And that Benjamin is so cute! He and Boston could be brothers they look so much alike!! I am sad too that summer is half way over.