SEPTEMBER 2, 2012
I LOVE my son. He is such a joy and so wonderful and darling. I'm grateful that he is my first born. However, there is just a sweet spirit that comes with a little girl. I'll be the first to admit, I was SCARED to have a girl. I know, I AM a girl...I should have this down. However, girls scare me. Okay, wait, let me say I have some amazing girlfriends out there - Jessie, Andrea, Beth, Heidi, Belinda - all awesome friends - who are girls. :-) So I guess I should re-phrase and say that RAISING a girl scares me. Why? Well, my mom had 4 boys, then us 2 girls then another boy. I commonly heard her say, "I would take 5 more boys over another girl!" I'm CERTAIN she was referring to my sister.... because I'm an angel! At any rate, I was terrified for this little girl to come. But when she came, it was not like I expected it at all. We've had many mom and daughter special times. I just look at her and feel this giant of a spirit that just humbles and amazes me. Don't get me wrong, when I see Benjamin, I know he'll do great things, but there is just something so special about my little girl. At any rate, her blessing day was just as special as she is. Not because it was elaborate or anything, but because her actual blessing was just perfect. (I must add that I'm SO grateful to be married to the most amazing father and priesthood holder who is in tune with the Spirit...end soap box) Lucy was almost 3 months old when we blessed her and one of our bishopric members said, "You know, the older they get, the squirmier they are!" He obviously didn't know our sweet Lucy. She had fallen asleep right before Josh took her to be blessed. When Josh picked her up, she woke up. She had her eyes open the entire time and she was perfectly still...just staring and taking it all in. She even kept her pacifier in the whole time. What made it even more special for me was that she was wearing my blessing dress. It was the same dress I was blessed in when I was her age. It is a long beautiful white dress...and slippery. Josh did a good job at not letting her slide out - Swen commented that he was afraid one time that she was going to slip right out of their hands. Good thing she didn't squirm! So here are some pictures of our sweet little Lucy on her blessing day. We are grateful she's a part of our eternal family!
 |
| that is her dress that is behind her head...she was in the process of getting dressed |
 |
| Mom Howard, Me and Lucy, and Mom Huff |
 |
| Something to grab onto and insert into mouth! |
No comments:
Post a Comment