That's right, Benjamin is four.

I know you hear this all the time, but it's amazing how fast time goes by. I'm learning to relish in each moment of my life because I know it does go by too quickly. At any rate, we now have a four year old in our home. He is very quick to tell us how big he is. I love that now he can do so many things because he's four and, according to him, so big now. If you don't know Benjamin personally, you're missing out. He is one of the most energetic, fun, and loving little boys you will ever meet. He loves his sister...I mean, he really loves her. His voice goes up about 10 octaves when he talks to her and he just wants to touch her head or her face or her hand all the time. He loves to burp his sister and he gets so excited when she burps after she eats and he's the one to have burped her. When I go to feed Lucy my conversation with Benjamin usually goes something like this: "Mom, you going to feed Wucy?" To which I reply in the affirmative. "Can I buup her?" (He can't pronounce his R's just yet) Me - "You sure can!" He looks at me with a serious face and says, "Promise?" Cracks me up. Benjamin also loves people. When he goes to the park and he sees someone his size he immediately starts to play with them. Then he tells everyone that this new little play mate is his friend. I love it.
He will also make you feel like the most important person in the world. If he asks me for something and I tell him yes, he gets a huge smile on his face and he tells me I'm the best ever and he gives me a huge hug. If we tell him someone is coming over to our house or we're going to their house, he gets so excited. It doesn't matter who it is, either - he just loves people. Then when whoever it is comes over he is so excited to see them. He is a great example that way. He also doesn't say his L's just yet. We try to help him by saying La, la la la la...Lucy. To which he says, la, la, la, la, la...Wucy! It's too cute. Another thing Benjamin likes is to say the prayer. He still likes to bless the hole in daddy's pants that Josh got at the beginning of August. He was more concerned with the fact that dad had a hole in his pants than with the fact that his dad almost fell all the way through a roof. That's another story. Anyway, he can say the prayer all by himself and he loves to do it. In fact, the kids were practicing for the Primary program and the teacher had helped Benjamin with his part and when his part was done, he continued on to say a prayer. I just laughed. Benjamin is a smart kid and I'm totally okay with the fact that I'm about to brag about my child. He can say his ABC's and he can identify all of the letters with all of the sounds they make. He knows his colors and his shapes. He can count to 30 and he loves to count objects. Often when we are reading a book he will make me stop so he can count the people or animals or whatever. He has Brown Bear Brown Bear memorized so he often asks if he can "read" that story to me. He also has Red Hat Green Hat memorized as well. He loves to read the scriptures and acts like he knows exactly where we are when we have family scripture study. Okay, I'm done bragging for now. :-) Sure, my son has his bad traits and his bad moments and his bad days....but all in all - he is an amazing kid! He is such a huge blessing to us and to our home. He will make an amazing missionary one day...at the age of 18...if he wants to go that early. :-) He is my favorite little boy in the whole world and we're so glad he decided to come to us four years ago!


1 comment:
He is such a cutie!! Both your kids are! I don't think I've told you that I love that we both have a Lucy and you a BENjamin and me a BENson, so fun huh?! We should get together sometime when I'm in Utah, I would love to see you!
Post a Comment