Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Week O' Valentines

This week was a fun week! On Tuesday I went to the best enrichment ever! Why was it the best ever? It was all about CHOCOLATE! We made chocolate covered strawberries, peanut butter cups, chocolate cups filled with cheesecake, and chocolate hearts. It was oh so yummy! Josh was not feeling in the mood for strawberries so I got to eat all of them. The next day was a crazy day! It started snowing around 11 a.m. and by 2 p.m. it was an all out blizzard! The wind was blowing so hard! The campus closed that evening and my boss sent me home an hour early. I went to pick up Josh from class and the road closest to his class was closed! Poor Josh had to walk all the way across campus with just his hooded sweatshirt on! Here's a picture just outside of our apartment. We never get snow on our steps, so this goes to show you how bad the wind was blowing! I'm ready for Hawaii! Of course Thursday was Valentine's Day. Josh and I had an amazing steak dinner with mashed potatoes and corn that we cooked ourselves! Josh also gave me two roses. We didn't have a vase for them, so I got the next best thing! An A&W 2 liter soda bottle! The things you do when you're poor! Of course this week wouldn't have been complete without some sort of cough. It ended with Josh getting sick - no pun intended. He had a fever and was feeling awful. Luckily, my younger brother was home and was able to come over and give Josh a priesthood blessing - thanks EVAN! By the end of the night, his fever broke and he was able to sleep beautifully that night! It was a wonderful ending to a great week!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I like the new look of your blog. Sorry about Josh getting sick (and the tons of snow/wind).

Beth said...

I am so sad josh was sick, but so glad that you got all that CHOCOLATE!! Happy V-day to you guys. And I am actually a bit jealous of the snow. I miss you tons. Did I tell you that I am coming in May?!! Hooray!!