Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance

Well, I'm finally graduated! And I couldn't be happier...yes dear, couldn't be happier...(yeah, it's a song from a musical...sorry). This picture on the left is of me and the acting music department head - Leslie Timmons. That morning was commencement where the grads walked from the Quad here at USU all the way down to the spectrum. It was fun. I felt a little like a movie star with all of the people standing around taking pictures. It was also really neat because Elder L. Tom Perry received an honorary doctorate degree so I got to see him (Josh snapped this picture of him on the right). In between commencement and the graduation part where we actually walk and receive our degrees, a bunch of my family went to go and see my younger brothers senior project. He's an electrical engineering major...so as you can imagine it was pretty amazing. As we were going back downstairs we all (Dad, Sean, Heather, Trevor, Jen, Tyler, Davin, Ryan, Blake, Evan, Josh, and me) were on the elevator and then it stopped! So we were stuck on the elevator for about 20 minutes. Luckily the elevator was big, so we all could sit down. We got out in plenty of time for me to get to graduation! Graduation only lasted for an hour and a half and then we had a little party afterwards. It was fun to have so much family in town! I'm so glad for all of their support, I wouldn't be who I am without them! YIPPEE for graduation!!! Speaking of graduation...CONGRATULATIONS DAVE BIGGER for defending your thesis and being done with your masters degree!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay Terra! Congrats Sista. Fun pictures too.

In Good Company said...

congrats Terra!

Anonymous said...

Job well done!

Melanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I so wish we could have been there. What an awesome accomplishment. love you!

Mom of Huff boy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! A job well done. A triumphant day! Wish we could have been there we support you from Indiana though.
Love you!!!