Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A bummer and a GREAT blessing....

I'm 7 months pregnant. With some pregnant women, myself included, comes the wonderful world of edema, aka, swelling. I didn't have any swelling until about a week and a half ago. Now I have swelling in my feet. It wasn't too bad, and even now it's not horrible until the very end of the day. It's uncomfortable and it's really unattractive!! That's the bummer part of this post...and it's not that big of a deal. Really, I can't complain because I know it could be much worse, but it's still a bummer. So in the midst of my bummer is my greatest blessing...my dear husband! Last night we were at our friends house and I put my feet up on him and he proceeded to rub my feet to help with the swelling. Then when we got home he helped me to put things away before bed so that I could hurry and put my feet up. When I went to put my feet up on one of my pillows he proceeded to give me his nicest and biggest pillow to add to my "prop up" pile. Then he put ice packs on my feet to further help with my swelling. When it was time to say our prayers together, he knelt down at the side of our bed beside me and made me stay on the bed with my feet propped up while we prayed.

Every time I feel the need to complain, I am always humbled. I am so blessed to have a great husband who takes care of me in many ways. I know that it is so easy to find the negative in things and even easier to complain about them! How much greater is our joy as we count our blessings amidst our trials! I know that I have greater trials to face that far out-weigh swollen feet, but I take comfort and courage to know that I have a loving husband by my side who listens to the Spirit. I also take comfort in knowing that I have a loving Heavenly Father who will not leave me comfort-less in my times of greatest need! He cares about our every trial - even if it is merely swollen feet!

4 comments:

Chris said...

You should have heard what Josh was saying about your swollen feet the other day...Just Kidding. He nevers says but the best things about you. Even though he's from Indiana, I think you should keep him.

Anonymous said...

Great post Terra - just what I needed.

Leslie said...

You have such an AMAZING hubby!!! I'm so glad I didn't get too much swelling (granted I wasn't prego in July) but I can't imagine the misery!!! Sounds like things are great!! Hey...if you are hating pregnancy....imagine this: I'm waiting for Nick to come home from work, paying bills online, typing a comment on a friends blog...Gabe is screaming that he wants a bottle (which he isn't allowed to have until right before bed) even though there is a yummy bowl of pasta and a cup of Sprite on the table. Now he wants daddy and is laying on the floor crying for daddy! LOL enjoy your pregnancy!!!

ps. tell that brother evan to add me to his blog so I can see how he and his cute wife are!!!

Andrea said...

Oh, the days of swollen feet, legs, face, etc. One nice thing about being swollen is that that part goes away FAST after the baby. Helps you feel a little better afterwards. :)