Thursday, November 19, 2009

I guess if I had to get old, I might as well have done it at Disneyland. My mom also made this aMaZiNg cake! Needless to say, it honestly was one of THE most moist and most wonderful cakes I've ever tasted. We had fun celebrating!






On the day that we went to the beach, I remembered to bring my camera!!! AWESOME. We went to a beach that was in my mission! It was so fun to go back to a place that is very near and dear to my heart. We were at the Carlsbad beach!

A fun shot my mom took of us!



This is the last picture our camera ever took...and ever will take again - may it rest in peace. Here I was snapping some photos of sweet Benjamin and, as you can see, the tide started to come in. Well, it was A LOT more powerful and a lot bigger than I had expected it to be. It knocked Benjamin over and almost completely covered him had I not reached down to pick him up. In the process of saving my son from drinking a gallon of saltwater and sand...my camera was immersed into the lovely ocean tide. I still had it around my wrist, but when I looked at it again, it had passed away. We tried to revive it by letting it dry out for 2 days and then trying it again...but she was gone.

Anyway, it was a good camera, but now we've moved on to bigger and better things. Well, at least we've been looking. You can't have a child, a blog, or facebook and not have a camera. :-)

The rest of the trip was a blast. We went to SeaWorld - for FREE. We got soaking wet from the shamu show. Thank you, Melanie, and I quote, "They usually don't splash that much when it's cooler outside." Yes...yes, they do. Damen was not very happy about it. Benjamin, on the other hand, almost fell asleep after that. Note to self - don't EVER sit anywhere near the splash zone if you don't want to get wet. Even if it's November!

Oh California, you will ever have a spot in my heart. We hope to go back often...next time with Josh. We sure did miss him. We were very glad to get back to him and to be sleeping in our own beds.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beth said...

ok, so I am a BAD BF, I completely forgot it was number 30! At least I got the phone call in there, but sheesh. HAPPY 30 Terra! Gosh you are old! :) Love ya!

PS: I love Benjamin! He is just adorable like his mom!

Scott&Janae said...

Sorry about your camera. At least you have a reason to get a really cool new one!