Josh and I celebrated our FOUR year anniversary on AUGUST 11, 2010. We were able to leave Sir Benjamin with my mother. She came all the way from Casper, WY to Logan...we are SO grateful for her. Benjamin loves his Nana!
Here are me and Josh headed to the George of Saint!
Our first stop when we got to St. George was the temple! We were so excited to get to do a session. Josh had never been to this temple, so it was a new experience for him. It was wonderful and the Spirit was incredible. We are so grateful for those who spent so much time to build this temple!
Our next stop was to check into our hotel and luckily we spotted Josh's favorite fast food place on our way...Five Guys. He says it's better than In-N-Out - Boo. I think not. It was delicious all the same. We were grateful to finally get lunch at 2 p.m. We sat on our king size bed and watched TV while we ate - it was awesome!
We hung out for a while and then got ready to go to Tuacahn. We got there pretty early enough for Josh to ponder life. We also got there early enough to hear the Tuacahn school of the arts performers. It's slightly a curse to have studied music - I criticize most singers and I CRINGE at performers who think they're wonderful but in actuality are NOT. These young singers that we saw would be the latter. I had to walk away - I was embarrassed for them, bless their hearts. Sorry if someone out there that has a brother or sister that performed there.
Here are Josh and I so excited to see TARZAN! Josh was mostly excited to see Tarzan in a loin cloth.
 |
| Here we are paying tribute to BENJAMIN and pulling our SUPER EXCITED faces! |
 |
| The steps - too cool |
 |
| Josh doing one of his Tarzan poses...by the end of the night he only spoke in grunts and beat his chest...when he tried to pull me around by the hair, that's where I had to draw the line. |
 |
| I'm the LUCKIEST girl alive. SO grateful to be married to such a wonderful husband! Look at how happily cheesy we are! |
 |
| Here we are pulling our GORILLA faces! |
|
|
|
 |
| Before Tarzan started it was announced that Michael - the winner from last season's BIGGEST LOSER - was in the audience. I did get a couple of pictures from far away, but they weren't downloaded onto the computer. Plus, they weren't that great of pictures. He had a million people around him getting pictures - there was no way that I was going to be one of those people. Pretty sure he was there because the Biggest Loser Camp is there in St. George. It was cool all the same. |
 |
| Here is Kerchak - the Gorilla King. He was AWESOME. Let's be honest, the whole cast was AMAZING! The guy that played Tarzan was a BYU grad - go Cougars! Anyway, it was INCREDIBLE and we HIGHLY recommend it! |
 |
| The next morning we woke up and worked out - sorry there are no pictures of me on the treadmill - I know, put on your disappointed face, right? I trained for a half marathon and so I needed to run 9 miles that day. Not my favorite on a treadmill, but what can you do? After that we sat in the hot tub for a while - AWESOME. For lunch we went to, my favorite, In-N-Out! It ROCKED. I even got a strawberry shake...mmmmm! |
 |
| After lunch we went to a movie, Despicable Me. It was good, but we were so tired from our work outs that we both almost fell asleep. THEN, we got to visit my former voice teacher. Don't worry about how INCREDIBLY JUVENILE I look in this picture..it's the braces...or something. My voice teacher moved to St. George about 2 years ago - Nola Collier! I LOVE HER! She's from South Africa and has THE most amazing stories! She told us the story of how President David O. McKay personally invited her to come to the United States for school. It was a great story. We had so much fun visiting with her and her wonderful husband, Grant! Good memories! |
 |
| For dinner we decided to go to The Brick Oven. Josh had never been. He got the chicken alfredo..here he is taking a taste. He wasn't very impressed - he's an alfredo snob. |
 |
| Here I am digging into my chicken, broccoli alfredo...thing. I totally just forgot what they are called. It's like a hot pocket, but totally better. Shoot...sorry folks. You know what I mean...I hope. It was delicious! |
 |
| We went shopping after dinner and Josh finally found a fork big enough to fit his appetite! |
 |
| Later that night we decided to try this Yogurt joint. It was DELICIOUS! Honestly, it was a lot like Yogurt Bliss...but I love them all the same. New York Cheesecake - my favorite EVERY time! MmmmHmmmm! |
 |
| After going to Sacrament meeting in a darling ward, Josh and I ate our complimentary breakfast (thank you Marriott) and then had to say goodbye to our king size bed and numerous TV channels. It was a little sad. |
 |
| But then we thought about how we got to see our BENJAMIN, and we got really excited. Who knew that we would love our little guy so much? Anyway, we had a lot of fun and were SO grateful that we were able to go. I sure do LOVE JOSHUA AARON. He's so very patient with me and my imperfections. What a lucky girl I am to have such a wonderful husband! |
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! Such a fun trip! you look gorgeous. So glad you had fun! miss you...
You two are so cute! Sounds like a great anniversary. Oh, and do you mean a calzone?
Oh what a wonderful vacation you had!!! Happy Anniversary to you too!
-Chilean
I have been to that stage before it is so cool. You guys look so cute together, love it! Congrats!!
Happy Anniversary! Looks like a great trip.
Post a Comment