I know, right? It's a new post from The Huff's!
Benjamin and I got sick....on Halloween. It was awful. I started to feel nauseous the entire day, and Benjamin didn't really eat a lot that day. That night, before we went out trick or treating, Benjamin threw up. I thought he did it because he didn't like his dinner...nope. Bad mommy award on that one - wouldn't be the first time. At any rate, I thought Benjamin was done puking. We ran to Macey's to trick or treat there and then we wanted to go to people's houses that we knew. We got done trick or treating at Macey's and Benjamin gave me a painful look, coughed, and threw up in my sleeve. My sleeve caught most of the puke, but we ran to a garbage can and he puked some more....and some more. It was so sad. Luckily Josh was working, so I called him and he came to the rescue - I love that guy! We got home and Benjamin puked a couple more times and I was feeling awful. Josh wasn't supposed to be home for a couple more hours - but prayers were answered and he came home 2 hours early. Hallelujah! He took care of us all night. I fought throwing up because...I HATE THROWING UP! I hate it more than anything...no, you don't understand, I really really hate it. I was in pain all night, waking up every two hours just because I did not...want...to throw...up!
Finally at 6 a.m. I went to the bathroom and stood there for a couple of minutes trying to talk myself out of puking. But I realized it had to be done, so I pulled my hair back, cleaned the toilet (if I was going to puke I wanted a freshly clean toilet to hang onto) and then I threw up. And yes, I felt so much better - my husband was right. But I hated every minute of it.
On Tuesday and Wednesday my food intake consisted of saltine crackers, Ramen, and Sprite. On Thursday I felt good enough to work, but I was still queasy. I only took crackers and apple sauce to work. At the end of work, I wanted to eat a cow...not kidding. I went to the store to purchase some Christmas presents and all I could think about was eating a hamburger. I have never felt this hungry in my life...EVER. I couldn't believe it when I thought about it, but McDonald's sounded SO good! That's all I could think of - so there I went. I had a cheeseburger and it was THE best cheeseburger I've ever had in my entire life - and it will probably remain that way in my memory for forever...and I'm not a McDonald's fan!
So...you want the best cheeseburger ever? Just starve yourself for 3 days and then go to the worst, but fastest, place to get a cheeseburger...and there you have it. BEST cheeseburger EVER!
2 comments:
So sorry you guys were sick. Puking is definitely awful. Glad you are better!
So sad, and funny and true! I have done the same thing when sick, decided it was time, pulled back the hair and went for it, gross and necessary. . .
Post a Comment