Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Callings

Josh and I were called to the nursery in January 2011. At first it was  a little difficult. It was hard to be in nursery with Benjamin. Maybe some parents like to be in nursery with their kids, but I don't. Not because I don't love my son - I love him a lot - but it was so nice after entertaining Benjamin in sacrament meeting, to be able to go to a meeting and actually listen. Another hard part was that we had only been in the ward 2 months before we were put in the nursery - so it made getting to know the ward members a little difficult. That being said, we really did grow to love all those little kids. We had some amazing kids in there - we also had a couple girls that seemed to be auditioning for WWF...or WWE...whatever. They were brutes, and they'd put kids in headlocks all the time. At any rate, we had fun and we actually got to the point where we had no kids crying when they came to nursery. It was amazing. So just when everything was settled and going fine...I got a new calling. 
I got called to be the 2nd counselor in the primary presidency. I know, right? What in the world? I haven't been in primary since I was actually IN primary! It's true. My first Sunday on the job (November 5th) - I had to do sharing time. The same Sunday, Josh got a call to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency before church. He was called to be the 1st counselor in the Elders Quorum presidency - I'm not surprised, he will be fantastic. My sharing time went well, and Josh was sustained, and set apart in the EQ. Talk about a whirlwind. We are grateful for any calling we receive, even if we're scared out of our minds. I think the hardest part will be for Benjamin. He has gotten used to Mommy and Daddy being in class with him, but I think it will be good for all of us!

So....here goes nothing!

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Yay for you guys! You'll both do great!

Andrea said...

New callings are exciting.

Melanie said...

That is AWESOME!! Because that's what mine and Dustin's callings are, exactly! You'll be great:)