Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter Bingo

Who really enjoys winter time...I mean, ALL of winter? Yeah, I enjoy the first snowfall and snow on Christmas...but after that - BOO! 
So I'd like to give a shout out to the MCMURDIES (all caps and big letters signifies that I'm shouting - if you didn't catch it) they came up with Winter Bingo. Winter doesn't have to be horribly painful. (even if the high was 17 today) We've completed some squares, but I don't have pictures for all of them. So here are some of them for now.
TRY A NEW RESTAURANT - check! Here is my box o' leftovers since Josh and I were so distracted during dinner that we forgot to take a picture. Not because we were making googley eyes at each other, but the couple beside us on their first date was distractingly humorous. AWKWARD.  We went to Callaways in Smithfield - for my birthday...without Benjamin. I thought it was good. I loved my three cheese ravioli! And their breadsticks rocked. They're not what you think - just plain bread sticks, but they give you EVOO and the balsamic vinegar for dipping. Plus, you can dip them in your sauce. I liked it.    

MAKE A HOMEMADE CARD - check! Alyssa Howe watches our little Benjamin while Josh is at school and I'm at work. On my birthday she had Benjamin and her son Russton make me some cards. So this is more of Benjamin's doing than mine..but it's all in the family.

Here's the inside of my birthday card. MELTS my heart!

SIT ON SANTA'S LAP - check! Obviously Benjamin is not on Santa's lap here. And here is JUST how commercialized Christmas has become - you can't take your own pictures of your kid on Santa's lap at the Layton mall. You have to BUY their pictures. So here is sweet little Benjamin SO extremely excited to see Santa. He marched right up there, sat on his lap and told Santa that he wants toys for Christmas. I think he was even ready to push his cousins off Santa's lap because they went before him. At any rate - this kid loves Santa. Look at those eyes!

We actually went and tried ANOTHER new restaurant (Bella's Mexican Grill in Farr West) and then Santa came around and gave the kids candy canes. The joy of a child is what makes Christmas worth everything - look at Benjamin's excitement over this candy cane that Santa just gave him. If any of you are having a hard time getting excited about Christmas - just come on over and talk to Benjamin - he'll put you in the holiday mood! I'm so excited for Christmas just because he's so excited. He's a blessing in so many ways!

WILLARD BAY LIGHTS - Check! We met my sister, brother-in-law and their two girls for dinner (see above picture) and then we all piled in their car and looked at the lights at Willard Bay. At $9 a car - I wasn't all that impressed. Again - it was a good thing that the kids were there - they made it more fun than anything, but I wasn't $9 impressed.

You can't really see what those words say - but it says the Naughty or Nice detective agency. I told Josh he better watch it...especially if those detectives are anything like Robert Downey Jr. on Sherlock Holmes. Watch your back peeps.
Something else that Benjamin got to do on Winter Bingo was he got to go to the festival of trees in SLC. Alyssa (AKA SUPER WOMAN) took the three kids to the festival of trees last week. Benjamin had a lot of fun!

Watch a Hallmark Movie - CHECK
I love Hallmark movies and there is a fun one on Netflix. Mrs. Miracle. I loved it. It was a good thing that Josh and Benjamin were gone the weekend I watched it because I cried. Hallmark Movies are killer for pregnant women!

So I modified the McMurdie's winter bingo a little bit. We don't ski/snowboard. And now that I'm pregnant, I won't even try. So we crossed that one off and I put BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING in it's place - check! Black Friday started at 10 p.m. on Thursday for some stores. My brother and sister wanted me to go with them...but I stayed home and puked instead - man I hate puking. Anyway, by noon the next day I was ready to go. We went and I got some good deals - which I can't mention because Josh will probably read this and I got him some things. Anyway, I like Black Friday shopping. I think it's fun - not to get the deals...but to see all the strange people!

So there are some of our Winter Bingo things that we have done. I'll take pictures of the other things we've done and put them on here. Good times!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

What do you get when you get Bingo? Or is the prize being able to do all those fun things? Either way, Winter Bingo sounds fun.

Beth said...

Sounds fun! We are enjoying or errr enduring our first cold since we moved to Texas 5 years ago. Not liking it!! Good job for having a great attitude!

Clayton and Heidi said...

TERRA (i'm shouting too) WAY TO GO on the WinterBINGO. You make the McMurdies proud!