Saturday, August 23, 2008

My New Shift!

So i was on my way out of youthtrack and saying sianara sucka!!! Then i got offered a shift that seemed to good to be true(i for one didn't believe when my boss offered it to me). I would work thur and fri. from 4-9 p.m. and sat. 8am to midnight. Three days only. There are no other staff who only work three days at youthtrack. So i said yes. Advantages to this new shift are 1. i get to spend more time with the wife and el nino when he gets here, since i have 4 days off a week. 2. More time for homework at home and even on thur and fri. nights when i get off at 9. 3. lets face it less time at youthtrack. and 4. every saturday night i get to watch a movie, what kind of deal is that. Disadvantages are first and foremost 16 hours is longer than you think. I thought oh a double isn't going to be bad, by 8 pm i'm tired, right now it's 10 pm and i still have 2 hours to go(someone please come and save me). Continueing, another disadvantage, my weekends are gone(luckily i'm married, I love you sweetie so much, so it's not like i need to go out and hang with some homies). And a huge disadvantage is i will spend saturdays away from my wife and new born son when he is here.(I'm making a sad face right now) But all in all the shift is good i work with some amazing staff who i respect and am greatful for my friendship with them. They help me in so many ways with my job and help me become a better staff member at youthtrack-utah.
Other than that we have just been gearing up for school to start on monday. I have a busy schedule that includes Economics, English, Sociology, Calculus, and most importantly Curling!!! I am stoked about school especially curling. I'm taking curling with The Patrick, El Norte, and Cody. Good times it will be. I have a good attitude going into this semester. I did very well in my summer classes getting some B's and building up my enthusiasm for school again. I feel at times i struggle in school. i don't know if it is just laziness, or sometimes i really do get confused on things and it just dosn't come clear fast enough. Depending on who you ask it is probably a little bit of both. But such is life and you live and learn. So this semester will be different i hope. I want to get my gpa up so i can have a better chance of getting into the school i want to go to for my masters program.
It's weird to think how i'm going to be the first person in my immediate family to graduate from college(not counting my wife who just graduated in may, Awesome job schnookums). I come from a line of mechanics. Which there is nothing wrong with labor jobs or being a mechanic. Their was food on the table and a roof over my head my entire life thanks to my father who work on motors his whole life to provide for the three of us and make our dreams come true of going to college and getting an education. Isn't life amazing how it all works out. And they say when you attend college it is more likely that your children will also. So i'm hoping that i'm starting a trend for my kids, THAT SCHOOL IS COOL!! well sort of.
Well i think i've talked too much now, it's this new schedule it's already getting to me here, i'm going crazy. An hour and a half and i'm out woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till next time Remember Who You Are, And Don't Let it Get You Down!!!!!!!!!!
Quote the josh nevermore

4 comments:

Beth said...

Josh, reading your dialog makes me miss my Terra. You're great too, but you two are peas in a pod and I am so glad that you make her so happy. You both are SO lucky to have each other. I am really excited about this baby. I wish that I was there to hang out with you on Saturdays Terra!! Sorry! I'm glad though that you got something that works so well with your schedule!

Andrea said...

Hope the new shift goes well for you!

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

This is for Terra, hey it is Nika (sister ecker) heard you had a blog, tracked it down. I am happy you are so close to having a baby!! I will peak in on you and keep up with the new baby. Here is my blog nikaandtravis.blogspot.com

Chris said...

That is a good shift other than it's downstairs and I detest deep clean but it works out cause it's movie night as well. But you know as well as I that YT will find a way to have to work more than your schedulded. Good luck in school! If Norte starts failing curling let me know cause I already warned him that I'd pay him a "visit" if he failed it.