Monday, September 1, 2008

Put the metal where your mouth is!!!

So it is true i (josh huff) got braces last week. It has been a truely humbling experience for me. And yes a painful one at that. I've resorted to eating soft foods. And if you have heard the rumors it is true i have given up Dr. Pepper. I know what you are thinking, what is wrong with you? (actually many of you are probably agreeing with my and feel it is the best thing i could have done, psh... i say to that hahahah) but yes i feel it is a good thing to do. But the worst is yet to come. Wedsday of this week i have to go and get a device put in my mouth that will widen my jaw. (ooooouuuccchhhh!!!!) yes i know that is what you are all thinking, that stinks. But after talking to my wife about it i do agree that in 22 months hopefully shorter though i will get them off and i will have a great smile which is what i am going for. I figure a great smile will help me in my business career. i mean i'm cute but my smile will put me over the edge. And seriously 22 months that is nothing, i will be graduated from college and heading to my masters program and my son will be able to talk and wrestle other little kids by then (which i will encourage). My life is great i can't complain i have a amazing wife, a kid on the way, and lots of homework every day, what is there to complain about. Plus the best thing about the braces i got a hoody out of the deal. Too bad i have to pay 2900 dollars for braces to have got it. This is definitly the most expensive hoody i have ever bought.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

my SYMPATHIES go out to you and your poor mouth. I had to endure braces for 6 (count them 6) years, with lots of widening, moving, pulling and pain. A pretty smile is the end result! Good luck!!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

I'm very impressed with your positive attitude.

Chris said...

WHAT!?! You're giving up Dr. Pepper? I don't think we can be friends anymore. That's almost as bad as voting for Obama. I have one word for you: DISAPPOINTED

Cali said...

You probably don't know me.. but your cute wife does.. and just so you know, my handsome husband just got his braces off... after almost two years, and after all the pain and whining and feeling like a teenager... he admits that it is worth it. I LOVE watching him be confident with his smile. It will TOTALLY be worth it. Good luck!

Lori said...

You don't know me, but Terra does so I am going to comment anyway. :) I got braces as an adult too so I completely feel your pain. I had to give up Dr. Pepper too. I had mine on for 18 months and while it was not my favorite experience it was totally worth it. Plus, being an adult makes it so that you actually appreciate the end result and will maintain it with retainers. I have worn mine faithfully for five years. Anyway, good for you and hang in there!