Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Ideal Child Bearing Body
The reason we have not posted in so long is not because we have had the baby. The title of this post actually has somewhat to do with our current baby status. Not because I have the ideal child bearing body...actually it's kind of the opposite. (Don't worry, this is Terra...not Josh...but he does NOT have the ideal child bearing body - Phew!) When I went in for my very first doctor's appointment, the doctor told me that my pelvic bone was very narrow, but it could grow out during my pregnancy. That really didn't mean a whole lot to me at the time. Now that I'm going in for weekly visits and the baby is due next week, it's become a concern. My pelvic bone still has not grown out, which means that the baby cannot fit through the birth canal to be born. My doctor says that there is still a possibility that my bone will widen out, but if it doesn't I will be having a C-section. The good news is that I am dilated all the way to a 2....yeah, that's some sarcasm for you - I have to be a 10 to have the baby. I have another doctor's appointment on Monday, so we'll see what he has to say. We may be playing the waiting game for just a little bit longer, but things could change over night! So for now, I'm enjoying this time that I have to get things done, relax, and (my favorite) spend with my wonderful husband. Thank you all for your prayers...they are much needed to calm this over anxious soon-to-be mother! And Josh needs them even more to keep his wife calm - he is so patient! We will keep you all posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
good luck with the next few days/weeks (you never know!) i was reading this article last night that said sometimes in the hospital, women will only be at a 3 or 4 and then they'll vomit & all the sudden get to a 10!! so you never know, maybe you should start workin on your gag reflex!!!
It was so good to see you Terra. I miss you so much and I was almost in tears as I left. We need to retire near each other. Please don't live in Casper...I don't know if I can handle the wind! :) I hope everything goes so well for you. You're in our prayers. love you.
Yeah.. I only ever got to a 2.. lame, but true. C-sections aren't so bad, you'll do great! good luck!
I read your post wrong initially. I thought you said you hadn't posted because you had had the baby. I thought it was weird that it wasn't He's here, or It's a Boy, or whatever.
Anyway, I'm thinking about you. Hope all goes very well, very soon!
Best of luck, my friend!!! It'll all be okay, I'm sure of it. :) Love you!
I guess I'm weird, but I'd definitely be down for a c section!
Thanks Terra for letting me know you were writing this blog and not Josh. I was getting worried there for a bit...ha ha
I wish you and Josh the best in the days that come and I hope that all will come out well. Yes, the pun is intended!
Oh I hope everything goes perfect for you! I will say a few prayers for ya....and I'm excited to see some pictures of your cuuuuuuutee baby!!!
You are going to do so well! You are one of the strongest women I know. The actual surgery is really cool, and even though the recovery is a little longer than a regular birth, I would go through it all 5 times again, if I had to, to get my little boy. It is so worth it! We're praying for you. I just know everything is going to turn out just perfect!
Terra & Josh,
We love you guys and are rooting for you. Keep smiling, trust me when I say they are A LOT easier to take care of in than out:) Just like my MD told me, you won't be calm until they are in your arms for good- then you wont be calm until the 3rd or 4th kid. By then you will be too old to care. LOL. Seriously we love you guys and will keep you in our prayers.
Post a Comment