Thursday, September 25, 2008

In preparation

So, there's a lot of things that you have to do to get ready for a baby. One of the things that I needed to get done was to get my girly/ghetto dresser painted. Let me tell you about this dresser. When I first got it, the whole thing was a bright teal green and then the top two drawers had these nasty neon pink rocking horses painted onto them. My mother and I decided to paint the dresser, so I went home one weekend to Casper. Well, my Honda Accord could only fit the drawers. So, I took them home and me and my mom had a fun time painting them white and then decorating them with fun pink shapes and what not. I was single at the time...I wouldn't paint pink on a dresser for me and Josh! Anyway, so I had these great dresser drawers, but the body of the dresser was still the nasty teal! Well, here's a picture of what it kind of looked like...I had previously sanded down the body of the dresser, so it looks a little rugged. But you get the idea. Well, I didn't really want my son to have a pink patterned/ugly teal green dresser. (insert amazing mom comments here) Anyway, I decided to paint the dresser and white seemed like a safe color. So with some help from my wonderful friends Jessie Hylton and Alyssa Howe; we sanded, primed, and painted that dresser till it was a beautiful vision of white! Bling Bling! We have the dresser done, and basically his whole room done...so now we wait. And there is no better way of waiting, then by eating delicious cake. So one night I was making a cake and Josh says, "What are you making a cake for?" And I reply, "Why, for Benjamin's birthday, of course!" To that he responds matter of factly, "But he hasn't been born yet!" And I say, "I know that....and that is why it will say Happy Birthday Benjamin ?/?/08." Ah yes, I was proud of myself for that one. So...here's a picture of his yummy, and oh so witty, cake! It's not very professional looking, but I was working with some very meager tools and a 9 month pregnant belly. And lastly, it would NOT be a Huff post, without some random picture on it! So, my bestest girlfriend, Beth, was in town and I got to see her for about a half an hour. She is so good to me, and came bearing gifts. One of the things that she brought me is now my new favorite apron. It's the most darling apron in the best color in the world....pink! That night, Josh was being totally random, so I told him to put the pink apron on so I could take a picture of him. He only mildly opposed and next thing I know, he's posing for the camera. The amazing thing about my husband is that he can totally pull off a pink frilly polka dot apron! What a stud!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I am waiting, waiting, waiting for this baby. (Funny thing is that Claire's signing time just said "waiting, waiting, waiting! What good timing.) Anyway, I am glad that Josh looks so good in your apron. :) I should have made 2!! Hey good luck with the labor. I will be waiting for the news!

Chris said...

Ha ha! "Mildly opposed..." "He can totally pull off a pink frilly polka dot apron!" Oh that's great!

amber said...

Only two days to go! Wahoo. I'm really excited for you because I was there only 2 short weeks ago. Congrats and good luck. And ... the dresser looks awesome!

Andrea said...

Good job with that cake! (PS--my old kitchen looks great, so fun to see it again.)

I wonder if little Benjamin has come yet? So excited for you guys.