Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Idaho, Idaho, and Junk Night...read on oh faithful bloggers!
So we have a lot of pictures and we haven't blogged about them...and they're fun, so I'm going to do it now while Josh is still at his Bishopric meeting - what a great guy! So one weekend in July we went to Bear Lake (the Idaho side) with my sister, Sari, brother-in-law, Brett, my niece, Addison, brother, Evan, a
nd my sister-in-law, Ashlee. We had a great time playing in the water
! After we went swimming we went to Minnetonka Cave. That's right, I was 7 1/2 months pregnant and hiked all 888 stairs! Go team! Here is a picture of Ashlee showing us the one handed jazz hand and Evan is pulling off his awesome tourist look with his camera on the back...nice posing guys! It was good times with the family! Our next road trip was to Newdale/Rexburg, Idaho. My parents were in Idaho to see my grandparents, so we thought we'd take the 2 1/2 hour trip to see them. We had a
lot of fun just hanging out in the small town of Newdale - population 500. My parents had to leave early Saturday afternoon, so we stayed and hung out with my Uncle Boyd. He showed us around the potato farms he worked on and Josh got to see his first ever potato cellar! This picture just doesn't do it justice! That is Josh and my
uncle standing on top of all of the potatoes. After that, my uncle took us to the Teton Damn...er Dam, sorry, I couldn't resist. Ever since I was a little girl our family took family vacations every summer to Newdale and I went to Ricks college for two years, and I had NEVER visited the Teton Dam site. It was really quite interesting. Here is a picture which, again, doesn
't do it justice. Next we visited the happening town of Rexburg and the now BYU-Idaho campus. Boy has it changed since I graduated from Ricks College in 2000 -
before Josh was graduated from High School. We had a great time and we do love that good town of Rexburg, Idaho! Lastly our journey of pictures takes us to the night of Junk...as my mother calls it. It was actually a junk food party that we threw a couple of nights before Josh got braces! Here is Josh enjoying his last Dr. Pepper (no comments from Chris),
jerky, chips and salsa, and oreos with our good friends the Biggers! Not only did we eat junk food, but we also played Coyns (coins). It just so happens that I won, how about that? And Kendra was ju
st so mad that she had to hide her face. Okay, not really, it was just getting late, that's all. It sure made for some fun pictures! And speaking of pictures, that concludes our journey of pictures for the night. We hope you have enjoyed the show...thanks for sticking it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, you gone and done it now!!! First you rip on me by posting a comment on my blog and now you're openly attacking me on your blog. What do you have against DP? You must be getting paid off by big Pepsi...
CHRIS! Paid off by Pepsi??? Oh come on now - didn't you know that I'm a ninja!?!? Yeah, I have no idea what that has to do with anything except for the fact that I really wanted to say that I was a ninja.
Crap, I responded to you by email instead of a comment! To repeat it here I was taking a lesson from almost President Gore and that everyone against him is paid off by "big oil." Since Pepsi is the competitor of the 7up/DP corporation you must be being bought off...right?
Loved the pictures and the update Terra! I wish I had had a potato cellar picture taken when I was up there. And, yeah, never been to the dam either. Just went to the flood museum with my sweetie--pretty sure I was distracted by him during the little show though (we were the only people there [shocker], and I think he'd just taught me how great kissing was.
i love all your fun! Wish we could share in it with you. I am really fascinated by the potato picture. I am jealous that you got to experience that. I love educational field trips. Only, if it smelled in there at all like rotten potato I wouldn't have fared so well. I encountered one today at the store. Yucko! Love you guys!
you are so dead...i thought that picture got deleted.
for some reason, i think staying up as late as we did is similar to being drunk...no recollection whatsoever and embarrassing pictures to document.
good thing you guys are coming over tonight...
Post a Comment