Saturday, November 6, 2010

Relay-o-Posting #1

Benjamin's Birthday - yes, it's true, I STILL haven't posted about his birthday which was 09/30. Sad, but true...POOR UNFORTUNATE SOUL. I hope you get that, it was certainly funny in my head. (hint: Little Mermaid)

We celebrated Benjamin's 2nd birthday the Friday of Conference weekend. We had it at Brett and Sari's home. My mom and dad were able to make it along with Trevor, Jen, and their family. We had so much fun!

Back up a couple of days. On Benjamin's actual birthday, we gave him his train table. He was so excited about it...here he is "choo, chooing"! What a cutie!
Here's the cake! This was my idea, but I was not the sole creator. I made the cake and cut it up, but I have to give props to my sista' who did the decorating. I did, however, almost chop her fingers off when she left Benjamin's name as Ben at first as a joke...I have a say in what he goes by at this point in his life....and it's Benjamin. I don't hate the name Ben, just prefer Benjamin for my cute 2 year old. Wow, glad that's off my chest. :-)

Benjamin opening presents while dad supervises!

The more I look at this picture it looks like Benjamin is doing a cheesy pointing pose that you'd get from a 10 year old...but this is just how the picture turned out. To be honest with you, I think he was in mid sentence and telling me something intense because he's pointing. I know everyone was exciting about the cake...especially my 38 year old brother!

 The End...of post #1

1 comment:

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

Good job on the cake. WOW!!! Very impressed. It's nice having talented sisters who are willing to share that talent.